Monday, August 15, 2011

World of Blossoms color scheam

As I promised, I took pictures of my color scheme.  I didn't get the other blocks traced onto the pattern ease today because I just didn't feel like it.
This fabric I chose for my background block fabric. 

These are the colors I chose for the flowers.  I think I'm going to get another purple or two.  I like to switch it up in my colors.  Honestly I can never make up my mind on what colors I want.  I just need to get busy cause when I get something sewed on, I'm not going to take it out and start over.




And these are the colors I chose for the leaves and stems and center of the flowers.

This fabric is all batiks. I had originally picked a bunch of bright cottons to use but I found that they tended to fray too much, especially when I was sewing down the stems.  I may try making some of the other blocks or maybe a smaller lap quilt.  I'll show you those colors when I get around to it.

The next class is next Monday.  I'm going to try and at least get leaves and stems sewed onto a background.  I have 6 days to get this accomplished. Good luck me.

http://mandmplus3.blogspot.com/  This is the link to my friend Mandy's blog.  She took pictures of some of the other ladies blocks and posted them here.  I told her that, since she is not able to come these next 6 months, I would take pictures and email them to her.  Now I just need to be sure my camera is charged up and remember to take it with me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ms Pippa for remembering me! Your blog is looking great! Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pippa for starting this blog. I am a huge fan of Mandy's work and world of blossoms. Would love to see your versions of the blocks and really looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete